Friday, February 27, 2009

Let's put some color on that Beast




Finally 6 weeks have passed and we are ready to add some color the Stang. I wanted my StangBeast to be painted with an intense yet classy color. I mean, you can color a Lambo Lime Green or Jungle Banana Yellow, but that ain't happening with a Stang. I didn't want a color from the original color chart because they just didn't do anything for my eyes. So I ordered a Dupont Hot Hues color chart to expand my color visual vocabulary, if you will. I knew Black, Blue, and Red, but a color named Sinful Cinnamon? That's what I'm talking about!

At one point, I decided on Blazing Copper with double Gun Metal! stripes running from the front bumper to the rear. Eventually the color and stripes were dropped as were the flames, but I knew that I definitely wanted a copperish-pomagranateish-reddish-metalish-brightish blow your socks off color. So the search continuted.

Until I came across Copperhead Metallic. The color was custom created by Stacey David and Ron Payton of PPG Paint for the 1967 Chevy C10, shortbed, fleetside truck named Copperhead.

So I sprayed the color on a swatch and walked around with it to see how it would look in the shade and in the sun and under the clouds and in the garage. It had a chokehold on me no other colors so I simply said, "Let's Roll!"

Now feast your eyes on the color, let me know your thoughts. After 2 coats of color and 4 coats of clear we will be ready to install that sweet new carpet, those sweet seats, and full interior package. Be sure to come back!





No comments: