Monday, February 23, 2009

The Best Color Ever







I think primer gray is the best color in the world. Something about the 'finished, yet work in progress' look does a little something for me. I guess because you can see all the fine details. There is no hiding anything from primer gray. It is transparent and holds no secrets.

So if I were to color my soul, I would choose primer gray: See all my imperfections, see the places where I need work, see the places where I am solid, unwavering. I'd choose not to hide behind some flashy color that blinds people from seeing the real me. Or some mega dark color that hides all the dark places. Nah, it would have to be primer gray for me. Real, straight up, work in progress.







But I digress, so let's continue on with this restoration project shall we? You can see the sweet orange color is just about gone. Now for blocking, smoothing , and sanding to get every inch of sheetmetal straight and smooth. So stock up on some elbow grease and get ready for the real work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey my bare-metal man! The gray primer of your soul is sweeter to me than the most dazzling candy-apple sinful cinnamon. I love how transparent and true you are...love you huge!