Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The right card


One of the most frustrating things for me to do is go card shopping. Looking at all those Hallmark cards is for me like a little kid in a candy store that can only buy one thing. Ugh. Terrible.

So I was dreading having to buy my little boy Caleb a card for Christmas. Not dreading the 'buying him a card' part, just dreading the having to 'pick up, put down, pick up, put down, pick up, put down, card after card after endless card trying to find the perfect one' part. WOW, what does a dad do in a pinch like that? I know what you're thinking: "Go to the store (Walmart) and get your boy a card"! Which is totally logical; makes total sense to me. Yet, I cannot do it. It's too hard.

Then I came up with a great plan. It went something like this:

Me : I think I'll send Caleb a card for Christmas!
Mia: Oh yeah? That would be good.
Me : Yeah, but then I have to go out and search through
       all those cards....
Mia: and then never find the right one?
Me : Totally! I would never find a cool enough one for him.
Mia: Hmm, I could make him one if you want.
Me : Nah, you don't have to do all that, I'll just go for a
       few hours...
Mia: It's easy and will only take a minute... maybe 15
       minutes.
Me : Really? Well, if you want to...
Mia: Of course I do, I'll put a sweet horse on it. He loves
       horses.
Me : OK, cool... THANKS! *Schmooch*

So there you have it folks, armed with some scissors to my nizzors, construction paper, a dabble of glueage here and there, and a few minutes and VOILA! She came up with this awesome card. Never ceases to amaze me, that woman... wow! I LOVE HER!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Hi!!!!!
It's just Mimi.....the boys and I really loved your poem about you know who! I even sang a made up tune to it as I read it aloud. And the Horse card is really cute. Love,Mama

Anonymous said...

haha...you are toooo sweet! but just remember, you're making ME a card on my birthday!