Monday, March 9, 2009

Cleaning up the dish

This restoration journey has been awesome for me to repeat to you. Although this was started in November 2008 and finished just after the New Year, I feel like there are some emotions I didn't fully experience being in the middle of the mix. Now that it's over (a restoration project is never over, by the way) and my stress level has come down, it has been a real treat telling you my story.

About the title of this post: There was a very wise dude who said, "you clean the outside of the dish but on the inside it's full of leftover food, and mold, and dirt." Ok that's not verbatum but you get the idea. Imagine if I took the StangBeast and just cleaned it up on the outside but left the inside all rusty and dirty? That would not be cool... at all. I mean what would be the point of that? To show everyone a nice outside paint job? Hmmm.

So here we go, a few final pics of the outside of the dish before we get to that moldy part I was talking about.





1 comment:

Gracie-Lou said...

hey it's your cousin by marriage! just though I'd say hi! hope you guys are well!