Monday, April 27, 2009

Brown eyes turning Green

I wrote this snippet back on April 27th. I decided to hold off on posting it to see if there would be any 'fruit' to the changes that I knew I was going through way back then. So far my mower is sweet, I built a six foot privacy fence around our yard, and I have eaten meat about once a week instead of every day! I feel great, I've lost some weight, gained some muscle, and feel like I can conquer the world!

So read on and see what I was thinking 2 months ago:

Something is happening to me fellow followers. The influence of my Precious Beauty is having a major effect on this Nuevo Mexicano. When she set her sights on getting our weekly trash widdled down to fit inside a glove compartment, I secretly snickered and thought, "Yeah, O-K." Then, to my surprise, the next week we had a little baggie of trash; it was so tiny, the trash dudes glanced at that pitiful bag and moved onto their route leaving our sorry bag on the driveway. You can read all about it here.

Taking her lead, I decided this weekend to retire my riding lawn mower for a Scotts Classic Reel 20 incher. Not because of the toxic emissions of my Briggs Stratton 6 HP Beast or the skyrocketing price of gas, mind you, I just wanted to see if I could do it. I mean if my Pretty Little Red-haired girl can do the trash thing, then surely I could do this. Cutting my lawn has never been more fun! Plus, I got some exercise in the process, sweet deal!

So let's see where this greener approach to life takes us shall we? Our garden is thriving and doing great. I guess if I am going to go full tilt into this though, there is the question about what to with the StangBeast. Any takers?

1 comment:

mountain girl said...

Loving your green-ness...and your everlasting sweetness!
Your Baby